The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
The ESRF is running a substantial R&D programme to develop new detection systems conceived to meet the future needs of the facility's experimental stations (beamlines). Beyond the standard software developments, the beamlines of the future will require the implementation of a high performance and functionally rich data acquisition framework as well as control and test software for advanced 2D X‑ray detectors. As a detector software developer you will work with high-performance Linux programming environment running on high-performance computing platforms where both C language and Python are used for the development of low-level modules and libraries and high-level test and calibration tools respectively.
Your mission will consist in developing, testing and documenting detector software for the following areas:
- Core libraries of a high‑performance RDMA‑based data acquisition (DAQ) framework.
- Test tools for the DAQ framework, including the implementation of a detector emulator
- Detector control software for two different R&D detector projects
You will interact closely with other software and detector engineers from the ESRF and from other international laboratories that collaborate in the ESRF Detector R&D programme.
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent diploma offering 300 ECTS) in software engineering or in an instrumentation-related field such as physics or electronics
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in software development in areas related to instrumentation control and data acquisition
- Excellent C programming skills and knowledge of Python language
- Knowledge of distributed programming techniques in high performance computing environment will be an asset
- Familiarity with software development and documentation tools in Linux environments
- Good documentation, organisation and analytical skills, flexibility, ability to work within a team
- A genuine interest in scientific instrumentation software and related techniques will be an asset
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).Apprenez-en davantage
|Intitulé||Detector Software Developer|
|Employeur||European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF)|
|Job location||71 avenue des Martyrs, 38000 Grenoble|
|Publié||mars 22, 2019|
|Date limite d'inscription||Non Spécifiée|
|Types d'emploi||Ingénieur Chercheur  |
|Domaines de recherche :||Informatique distribuée,   Systèmes d'exploitation,   Langages de programmation,   Génie logiciel,   Conception logicielle,   Génie physique,   Électronique  |