Last application date: Aug 23, 2019 17:29
Department: EB23 - Department of Marketing, Innovation and Organisation
Employment category: Doctoral fellow
Contract: Limited duration
Degree: Master in Business Economics, Business Administration, Business Engineering, Communication Sciences, Psychology, or an equivalent degree.
Occupancy rate: 100%
Vacancy Type: Research staff
We offer a fully funded, full time PhD position in a 4-year research project in the area of sustainable consumption (initial 1-year position with 3-year extension upon satisfactory performance). The research project aims (a) to engage in an empirical analysis of the automatic appraisals triggered by sustainable versus unsustainable products, (b) to demonstrate that automatic appraisals influence the degree to which an individual engages in sustainable consumer behavior, and (c) to develop novel interventions to promote a sustainable lifestyle.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the university salary scales for PhD students and highly competitive by international standards.
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Ghent is a beautiful, lively, and historic city, situated in the center of the Flemish part of Belgium (40 minutes from Brussels). It has a rich history, a warm and friendly atmosphere, and a great range of museums, concert halls, and other cultural hot spots. The cost of living in Ghent is moderate by international standards. The quality of living is excellent.
- You are an enthusiastic academic who obtained a Master Degree in Business Economics, Business Administration, Business Engineering, Communication Sciences, or Psychology (or will do so by October 1, 2019).
- You are passionate about scientific research and have the intention to write a PhD dissertation in the field of marketing.
- You have at least some initial experience in doing (experimental) consumer research, preferably including the use of implicit measures.
- You have a keen interest in the mechanisms that underlie (sustainable) consumer behavior.
- You have excellent communicative skills in English (both orally and in academic writing).
- You have an inquisitive and creative mind, good problem-solving skills, and a collaborative and collegial attitude.
You can apply for this position until 23 August 2019 (11:59 pm) at the latest. Send an e-mail to Adriaan.Spruyt@UGent.be with (i) a motivation letter, (ii) an overview of your study results, (iii) the contact details of two references, and (iv) a copy of your diploma (if already available). Please provide this information in a single PDF document attached to your e-mail. You will receive a confirmation of receipt. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview on 3 September 2019.Apprenez-en davantage
|Intitulé||PhD Student - Department of Marketing, Innovation and Organisation|
|Job location||Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 33, 9000 Gent|
|Publié||juillet 8, 2019|
|Date limite d'inscription||août 23, 2019|
|Types d'emploi||PhD  |
|Domaines de recherche :||Marketing,   Économie des organisations,   Administration des affaires,   Génie industriel,   Économie comportementale,   Économie de la consommation,   Économie d'entreprise  |