Ref.03.19.11 - Staff Researcher - MEMS and Sensors Instrumentation
Employer: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Job type: Full time
Department: Micro and Nanofabrication
Contract duration: 48 months
Closing Date: April 20th 2019, 23h00m (Lisbon Time)
Salary: Competitive package and benefits
INL is seeking for a highly-qualified, self-motivated Staff Researcher to reinforce its R&D teams working on Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS) and sensors activities. The selected candidate will be the driver to improve the integration of the MEMS devices and electronics for applications such as inertial sensors, MOEMS and flexible devices, among others.
Job Role & Key Responsibilities
The Staff Researcher will undertake the following main activities and responsibilities:
- Development of integrated solutions within the Microfabrication and Exploratory Nanotechnology research activities. of micro and nanodevices processing of MOEMS devices at INL;
- Modeling and designing new sensor systems, including the electronic instrumentation.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- PhD degree in Physics, Physical Engineering, Electronics, or other relevant subject is required;
- Experience in MEMS devices modeling (Matlab, Simulink, FEM and related) is required;
- Experience in electronic instrumentation for integrated solutions (PCB level), experience at IC level is valued;
- Experience in cleanroom processing is valued;
- Experience in CMOS mixed-signal design and modeling is valued;
- Experience in embedded platforms (uC, FPGA,… ) and software development is valued;
- Previous participation in collaborative national, international and/or industrial research projects is desired.
- Strong motivation to work both independently and as part of a team in an interdisciplinary environment, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and to meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills and experience in the dissemination of results to the scientific community are expected;
- Capable of establishing collaborative ties with distinguished academic groups and relevant industry partners.
- English is the working language of INL. Upper advance level in oral and written English is required.
- Working knowledge of another language is an advantage.
What we offer
- Employment contract and competitive compensation package;
- Employees will also benefit of the various social facilities available at INL;
- International and highly competitive environment in contact with leading edge technology.
How to Apply
International candidates are welcome to apply. Only applications in English will be accepted. The application is made online. Please click on the 'Apply' button;
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae and University certificates. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If your application is successful and you accept our offer of employment, you will receive the employment agreement and all other relevant documents. If you are relocating, you will be given assistance by the HR Office.
If Your Application is Not Successful
We highly value the interest shown from applicants wishing to become a part of the INL experience. It is important for us to maintain good communications with candidates. No matter the outcome of the application, we always send the applicant an answer.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle
INL is an equal opportunity organisation, committed to providing equal career opportunities and firmly adheres to a principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issues.
Enquires should be made to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.