There is a vacancy for one temporary full-time position as an Associate Professor (førsteamanuensis or førstelektor), alternatively Assistant Professor (universitetslektor), of English Education at the Department of Teacher Primary and Secondary Teacher Education at the Faculty of Education and International Studies from 01.08.19 to 31.07.23.
Duties and responsibilities:
• teaching and supervising at bachelor's, master’s and PhD level
• following up on students in practical training
• carrying out own research and development work
• participating in the development of major research projects and applications for external funding together with colleagues in the expert community
• participating in research collaborations with national and international partners
• contributing to the work of further developing the expert community and the department’s study programmes
• carrying out academic administrative tasks
• contributing actively to the development of high-quality education
• contributing actively to the development of the department and OsloMet in general
The teacher education profile and the profession-oriented research and development work is very important to the faculty. It is therefore important that the appointed candidate is willing to focus on challenges specific to the profession.
Persons appointed to a position as førsteamanuensis (Associate Professor) must have a doctoral degree in English with relevance for education or equivalent.
Persons appointed to a position as førstelektor (Associate Professor) must have a university degree approximately equivalent to a master's degree, a degree at second degree level under the pre-2003 system (‘hovedfag’) or a master’s degree in English, and documented extensive research and development work that in quality and scope corresponds to the workload and level of a doctorate degree.
The applicant must be able to document relevant pedagogical qualifications. Applicants who are unable to document basic teaching qualifications upon appointment, must achieve such qualifications within two years. OsloMet offers a programme in university pedagogy (UHPED) which meets this requirement.
Good oral and written presentation skills in English are required. Applicants who don’t have sufficient competence in a Scandinavian language, must within three years after appointment achieve competence in Norwegian equivalent as level B2.
General criteria for appointments to academic posts are found in the Regulations for appointment and promotion to academic posts.
If not possible to appoint in a position as Associate Professor, there might be an opening to appoint in a position as universitetslektor, Assistant Professor. This will first and foremost be applicants that have started the process of qualifying for Associate Professor.
In the assessment and ranking of qualified applicants, emphasis will be placed on:
• research and development work of relevance to the position. Emphasis will be placed on publications from the past six years.
• experience with research networks and projects involving external funding
• potential for project acquisition
• experience with teaching at bachelor’s and master’s levels
• experience with supervision at different levels
• knowledge of and/or experience with English teaching in Norwegian school, especially with primary and lower secondary school.
• strong knowledge about and teaching experience related to the system and structure of English and grammar pedagogy.
• good digital skills
• the ability to communicate and cooperate well with students and colleagues
• personal qualities that can make positive contributions to the working environment
OsloMet will assess teaching qualifications through a trial lecture in connection with interviews.
It is important to OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavours to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required. Candidates with gaps in their CV, who were not in employment or education for periods in their life, are also welcome to apply.
All applicants will be evaluated by an expert committee. You must upload the following documents by the deadline for applications:
• application letter
• CV, reference letters and all pages of certificates/diplomas
• complete list of publications
• up to 10 scholarly works, including your PhD dissertation
All the documents must be uploaded for the application to be considered. The documents must be in a Scandinavian language (Norwegian, Danish or Swedish) or English. Translations must be authorised, and you must present originals if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet checks documents in order to give you as a candidate a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition.
We offer you:
• interesting tasks and duties at Norway’s third largest and most urban university
• opportunities for professional development in an exciting academic environment
• time for profession-oriented research and development work
• loan and pension arrangements with the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
• good welfare arrangements and a comprehensive offer of sports and cultural activities
The position is in accordance with the pay scale for state employees: The annual salary for Associate Professor (førsteamanuensis position code 1011/førstelektor position code 1198) is from NOK 524 200,- to NOK 682 200,- a year, and for Assistant Professor (universitetslektor position code 1009) from NOK 449 400,- to 586 500,- per year. A higher salary may be considered for particularly well-qualified applicants.
If you wish to apply for the position, please apply electronically by clicking the button at the bottom of the page.
|Intitulé||Associate Professor of English Education|
|Employer||OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University|
|Job location||Pilestredet 46, 0130 Oslo|
|Publié||juin 25, 2019|
|Date limite d'inscription||juillet 28, 2019|
|Types d'emploi||Assistant / Professeur adjoint  |
|Domaines de recherche :||Didactique,   Enseignement des langues  |