Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of Bioscience Engineering in the Faculty of Science is looking for a full-time doctoral scholarship holder in the field of combined air purification technologies
- You work actively on the preparation of a PhD thesis in the field of combined air purification technologies. Air cleaning technologies are typically efficient against one type of pollutant. Consequently, it is interesting to combine different techniques in one system to remove a broad range of pollutants in one operation. In this way, we intend to solve the problems associated with the individual techniques. To address the challenges and investigate how combined technologies can be optimally integrated into one system, a multiphysics model will be developed for the combined technology, including submodels for all relevant phenomena. In addition, a test facility is being built in which both technologies can be thoroughly tested. Based on correlation of the model results and experiments, a thorough parameter analysis is performed to gain a full understanding into the interaction between both technologies.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks for the research group Sustainable Energy, Air and Water Technology.
- You compete for a doctoral grant in the field of combined air purification technologies
- You hold a Master degree in bioscience engineering, chemical engineering (catalysis) or environmental engineering, or you will have obtained it by the time you start working.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision.
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You can preferably demonstrate interest in computational modelling
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years. During this period you compete for an external doctoral grant under the supervision of the promoters of the research project.
- The planned start date is 1 August 2020 or as soon as possible after that date.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for contract research staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at Groenenborger campus in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform until 27 May 2021. Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter and your CV.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact email@example.com
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.